Beer Cheese Recipe
I like to serve this zesty and bold cheese spread with crackers and veggie dippers. It's great to take along to picnics.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring beer to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the beer, cream cheese, blue cheese, mustard, onion, pepper sauce and garlic. Add cheddar cheese; cover and process until well blended. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Let cheese stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 84 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC