I like to serve this zesty and bold cheese spread with crackers and veggie dippers. It's great to take along to picnics.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, bring beer to a boil. Remove from the heat and
- cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the beer, cream cheese, blue cheese,
- mustard, onion, pepper sauce and garlic. Add cheddar cheese; cover
- and process until well blended. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Let cheese stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 84 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.