I like to serve this zesty and bold cheese spread with crackers and veggie dippers. It's great to take along to picnics.
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, bring beer to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the beer, cream cheese, blue cheese, mustard, onion, pepper sauce and garlic. Add cheddar cheese; cover and process until well blended. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let cheese stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Beer Cheese in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p205
Reviews for Beer Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review