Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the soup, beer, milk, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and paprika. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beer Cheese Soup(8)
Sort By :
Sounds great tasting but using canned soup puts in too much sodium.
@ bethshiels. I could give you the recipe for the ultimate beer and cheddar soup but I think not. You would only whine over the time required to produce it. Your choice of beer, to the largest degree, is irrevelant. The choice of cheese makes the difference. It's called real cheese, NOT processed crap. If I want chiz whiz I'll buy a jar.
Yummy! I hit it with the stick blender before adding the cheese (husband not a fan of celery but what he doesn't know...), this really makes quite a bit of soup so for the two of us I'll halve the recipe next time. Thanks for sharing this one!
This was OK; but very, very rich. I loved the flavor but more for a fondue than a soup.
I will keep looking for a better Beer Cheese soup recipe. Maybe if I had used a higher quality beer this would have turned out better.