My entire family loves this cheese dip. I often get requests to bring it to gatherings with friends. Chopped scallions make a pretty garnish. —Julie Koch, Delaware, Ohio
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in beer. Microwave, uncovered, 20 seconds longer. Stir in bacon.
- Fill bread shell with cheese dip. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Beer Cheese in a Bread Bowl in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p57
Reviews for Beer Cheese in a Bread Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review