Beer Cheese in a Bread Bowl Recipe
My entire family loves this cheese dip. I often get requests to bring it to gatherings with friends. Chopped scallions make a pretty garnish. —Julie Koch, Delaware, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1. Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in beer. Microwave, uncovered, 20 seconds longer. Stir in bacon.
- 3. Fill bread shell with cheese dip. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons dip with 1/4 cup bread cubes equals 147 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC