Beer Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. Place bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly crisp, stirring twice.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beer. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Toss cheese and flour; stir into saucepan until melted. Stir in 2 tablespoons cream.
- 3. Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Keep warm; add additional cream if fondue thickens. Serve with toasted bread cubes. Yield: about 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 261 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Beer Cheese Fondue
"Very yummy and easy to make. Have made it a few times and always a hit"
"Very tastey!!! Stuck with a mild cheddar so you can taste the beer!! :) good crowd pleaser!"
"It took me awhile to get the temperature right for the fondue pot, but once that was done, this was a great hit! I warmed the bread for a few minutes, and then finished it when my guests arrived. Being warm made a big difference. When you are from Wisconsin, what better ingredients can you ask for..BEER AND CHEESE!!"
"This is the best fondue I have made. I am not a fan of the traditional swiss fondue, so this one was great for us. Kids loved it too, this is a keeper! Thanks for the great recipe, it's fast and easy!"
"I have made this twice already. Once at Christmas and for the super bowl. I served it with bread, green apples and carrots!"
"Yummy! Worked great in our fondue pot.~ Theresa"
"Add some fresh ground pepper and I had a recipe from our favorite fondue place!"
"I'm trying to give this recipe 5 stars, and there is something wrong, it won't let me go past 3. This recipe is great. We love it!"
"This is a game day favorite! Very easy and delicious!"
"I used 2 cups cheddar 1 cup gruyere cheese, and 1 cup gouda, had a hard time melting the gouda but great taste!"
"This is an excellent fondue. I used half Canadian White Cheddar and half English Applewood Smoked Cheddar with Killian Red beer."
"I used a mexican 4 cheese blend and my teens thought it was the bomb!"
"Flavor was good, but will try another kind of cheese next time. I have never had a fondue made with Cheddar that turned out good - just doesn't melt right for a fondue."
"If you like a strong beer taste, this is for you. I am not a beer lover but this was a hit with my family this holiday gathering. Excellent flavor. We omitted the onion, used fresh garlic in oil and monterey jack for the cheese with Milwaukee's Best beer WOW!"