Beer-Cheese Appetizers Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Combine biscuit mix and cheese in a large bowl. Stir in beer until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll into a 16x10-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares; cut each square in half diagonally.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter; sprinkle with seeds. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For sauce, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with triangles. Yield: 80 appetizers (1-3/4 cups sauce).
1 triangle with 1 teaspoon sauce : 31 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Beer-Cheese Appetizers
"Pretty good ... did not put in the re fried beans because I was not going to open a can for just a little bit - but every one seemed to like it"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.