Featuring kitchen staples like salsa, refried beans, sour cream and two types of cheese, this crowd-pleasing appetizer comes together faster than a two-minute drill. —Kristy Wilshire, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine biscuit mix and cheese in a large bowl. Stir in beer until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll into a 16x10-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares; cut each square in half diagonally.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter; sprinkle with seeds. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For sauce, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with triangles. Yield: 80 appetizers (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Beer-Cheese Appetizers in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p52
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Beer-Cheese Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2015
"Pretty good ... did not put in the re fried beans because I was not going to open a can for just a little bit - but every one seemed to like it"