Beer Brat Chili
My husband and I love this chili because it smells so good as it simmers in the slow cooker all day. I can't think of a better way to use up leftover brats. He can't think of a better way to eat them! — Katrina Krumm, Apple Valley, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked beer bratwurst links, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili seasoning mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on
- low 5-6 hours.
- Yield: 8 servings (2 1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 383 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 17 g protein.