- Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Pour over beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat and
- vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir
- into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until
- thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve beef with noodles. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 258 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.