Beer-Braised Beef Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, discarding drippings. Sprinkle beef with pepper and salt. In the same skillet, brown beef in oil in batches; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the bacon, onion, garlic and bay leaf. In a small bowl, combine the beer, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Pour over beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve beef with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beer-Braised Beef(15)
Sort By :
strong beer flavor, very tender meat, won't make it again
My Boyfriend LOVED this dish and he's picky. This one's a keeper.
I used a wheat beer and it added a mellow flavor but could use more heat or spice for the next time
It was not bad but the beer flavor was really strong. Not a flavorful as I had imagined
This was wonderful. I used a light domestic beer. And I mixed the finished beef mixture with buttered noodles. I do recommend making this the day before it is served. The flavors are much better. I will make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Stew Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Stew Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >