- Meanwhile, line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1
- teaspoon butter and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, corn syrup, 2/3 cup cream, water,
- salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until a
- candy thermometer reads 238°, about 20 minutes. In a small bowl,
- combine reduced beer and remaining cream; slowly stir into sugar
- Using a pastry brush dipped in cold water, wash down the sides of the
- pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, stirring constantly, until a
- candy thermometer reads 245° (firm-ball stage), about 30
- Remove from the heat. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape
- saucepan); sprinkle with candied pretzels and kosher salt. Let stand
- until firm, about 5 hours or overnight. Using foil, lift candy out
- of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares using a buttered
- knife. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.