Beer and Brats Nachos Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked smoked bratwurst links, sliced
- 2-1/4 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 12 cups tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, saute bratwurst for 1 minute. Add stir-fry blend; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beer; heat over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions.
- 4. Arrange tortilla chips on a large serving platter. Spoon cheese mixture over chips. Top with bratwurst mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 348 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Beer and Brats Nachos
"Well received. Liked the flavor the beer gave it.One word of advice - serve immediately like the recipe advises. If you don't, it gets soggy fast!"
"I was looking for an appetizer for Oktoberfest and this fit the bill perfectly. I wold definitely make it again."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.