VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked smoked bratwurst links, sliced
- 2-1/4 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 12 cups tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, saute bratwurst for 1 minute. Add stir-fry blend; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beer; heat over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a large serving platter. Spoon cheese mixture over chips. Top with bratwurst mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Beer and Brats Nachos in Taste of Home October 2011, p27
Reviews forBeer and Brats Nachos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2015
"Well received. Liked the flavor the beer gave it.One word of advice - serve immediately like the recipe advises. If you don't, it gets soggy fast!"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2014
"I was looking for an appetizer for Oktoberfest and this fit the bill perfectly. I wold definitely make it again."