Beer 'n' Gouda Pretzels Recipe
Homemade pretzels are a wonderful treat to have in the fall especially with the flavor of beer added to it. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4-3/4 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- Coarse salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt and caraway seeds. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, beer and oil to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 14 equal portions; roll each into a 20-in. rope. Cover and let rest 10 minutes longer.
- 3. Twist into pretzel shapes. Place on greased baking sheets; brush with eggs. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 4. Brush again with eggs; sprinkle with Gouda and coarse salt. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 pretzels.
1 pretzel (calculated without coarse salt) equals 233 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Beer 'n' Gouda Pretzels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC