Beer & Cheddar Fondue Recipe
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pretzel dipping sticks and sliced smoked sausage
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a small saucepan, heat the beer, garlic, mustard and pepper over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels and sausage. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup fondue (calculated without pretzels and sausage) equals 221 calories, 16 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.