Beer & Cheddar Fondue Recipe
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pretzel dipping sticks and sliced Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a small saucepan, heat the beer, garlic, mustard and pepper over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels and sausage. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Beer & Cheddar Fondue
Sort By :
To add a little more zip, use a small amount of horseradish, to your taste, and it will suprise you. Velveeta isn't close to a cheese product...look at the ingredients on the box. Canned cheese isn't any better. Put your heart into it and make a true cheese fondue. It is worth the efffort.
I made it by the recipe 1st time. Second time, I used half cheddar and half velvetta. Then I added 8 ounces of crab meat. Oh yeah--this was totally awesome.
This had a really nice flavor but at the end I ended up adding some hot sauce for an extra kick. The cheddar is hard to deal with because even after you melt it smooth, as soon as the dip begins to cool a little it separates again. The beer flavor was a bit strong but overall it was a very good dip! Next time I might try it with half beer and half chicken broth...
Yum! We made it in our Oster Fondue Pot and dipped cooked stew meat, carrots, celery, & apples in it. We were out of ground mustard so we substituted 1-1/2 tbsp prepared mustard.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beer Cheese Dip >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Fondue Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- German Appetizers >
- German Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >