This great-tasting fondue is my mom's favorite, so I make it for her birthday every year. I like to serve it with apple slices, rye bread cubes and chunks of carrots, mushrooms, celery, zucchini, squash and broccoli. —Amanda Wentz, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pretzel dipping sticks and sliced smoked sausage
- In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a small saucepan, heat the beer, garlic, mustard and pepper over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels and sausage. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Beer & Cheddar Fondue in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p22
Reviews for Beer & Cheddar Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review