Beefy Wild Rice Soup
Living in central Wisconsin, we experience many days of snow and cold temperatures. I like to prepare soup often, especially this one. My family loves it.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and Italian seasoning over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add 2 cups water, onions,
- celery, rice, bouillon, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the soup,
- mushrooms and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium,