Beefy Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and Italian seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add 2 cups water, onions, celery, rice, bouillon, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the soup, mushrooms and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Beefy Wild Rice Soup(8)
Sort By :
we liked this recipe, although it does need a little help with seasoning. I will make again, but will be adding some garlic, a little onion powder. Also, we think this might taste good with a little swiss cheese on top. Very good!
Loved, loved, loved this recipe! I've only made it once, but it was so hearty and delicious I'm definitely going to make it again!
Good but bland. The spices all need to be doubled. Also add onion powder garlic powder and dash of salt! Very good with modifications to flavor!
I meant to say the baked chicken was cooked with black pepper and white pepper on both sides before adding it to the soup.
I had some ground beef that I wanted to use up and found a winner with this recipe. I used 3 cans of chicken/mushroom soup since I didn't have mushroom soup and it was excellent. I added some cooked chicken also that put it way over the top. I had baked the chicken breasts in some butter and covered them with black pepper and white pepper. Thanks for the recipe.