Beefy Vegetable Stew Recipe
"This is my family's favorite budget meal," remarks Theresa Stone of Bakersfield, California. "It's not only inexpensive, but quick and tasty, too! Frozen veggies and canned tomatoes shave minutes off preparation time."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Vegetable Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC