"This is my family's favorite budget meal," remarks Theresa Stone of Bakersfield, California. "It's not only inexpensive, but quick and tasty, too! Frozen veggies and canned tomatoes shave minutes off preparation time."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Vegetable Stew in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p42
Reviews for Beefy Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2008
"This is my family's favorite stew. It's fast, easy, and delicious! I serve it with cornbread. It's requested often!Celeste"