Beefy Vegetable Soup Recipe
With a mild-tasting tomato-based broth and lots of colorful vegetables, this savory soup is always a real crowd-pleaser.—Linda Yutzy, Middlefield, Ohio
- 12 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 12 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 12 cups frozen peas
- 12 cups frozen lima beans
- 9 cups frozen cut green beans
- 9 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 4 quarts tomato sauce
- 2 cans (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 10 pounds ground turkey
- 4 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1. In several large stockpots, combine the first seven ingredients. Add water to cover. Add tomato sauce and broth.
- 2. In several other large stockpots, cook the beef, turkey and onions until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir in salt, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until celery is tender. Yield: 120 (1-cup) servings.
1 cup: 154 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Vegetable Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC