With a mild-tasting tomato-based broth and lots of colorful vegetables, this savory soup is always a real crowd-pleaser.—Linda Yutzy, Middlefield, Ohio
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 12 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 12 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 12 cups frozen peas
- 12 cups frozen lima beans
- 9 cups frozen cut green beans
- 9 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 4 quarts tomato sauce
- 2 cans (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 10 pounds ground turkey
- 4 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In several large stockpots, combine the first seven ingredients. Add water to cover. Add tomato sauce and broth.
- In several other large stockpots, cook the beef, turkey and onions until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir in salt, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until celery is tender. Yield: 120 (1-cup) servings.
Originally published as Beefy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p54
Reviews for Beefy Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2016
"This is one of our favorite soups. I did pare it down for the two of us with a little left over. Delicious warmed up the next day. I substituted lean ground beef for the ground turkey. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."