- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in steak seasoning. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-4 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Tortellini Skillet
"I tried it and its okay but fast and costly for one diner. $4.59 per serving"
"We liked this a lot but I did find it a little bland, even though I used the spicy Montreal seasoning. I added cracked black pepper to my serving and that helped it immensely. Next time, I'll add it directly to the hamburger. The meal was quick and easy, which is always a plus for a weekday meal."
"We didn't like this recipe. It looks good in the picture. It's super fast to make....loved that. But it was dry and had very little flavor for us."
"Great! I doubled everything in a big skillet, using 1 lb. of ground beef and 1 lb. of ground, mild sausage. Yummy."
"This was quick and easy and the kids loved it. I had to use dried tortellini that I cooked first because that is the only kind I had, but it came out wonderful. It wasn't quite as flavorful for me but then I like lots of spice in my food. I think next time I'll add frozen peas to it to give a complete meal. This is a keeper, a kid approved quick dinner."
"Easy to make and tasty. I love that everything went in the same pot and there was only one dish to clean!"
"This was a quick and hearty dinner that was appealing to everyone in my family. Next time I'll add a bit more cheese or maybe a little bit of hot sauce while serving because it was just missing a little something. It was definitely good, but I think it's best as a base to build on. I'll put my thinking cap on and make some additions next time. However, you can't go wrong with it as is when looking for something quick and easy. My picky eater daughter enjoyed it :)"
"Great flavor, easy to make and really enjoyed by all. This was a wonderful weeknight recipe. Will be making again! Can easily throw in extra veggies too."
"Very easy and practical to make. I thought the end product was o.k., but the husband really liked it."
"This was delicious! It is super easy to make. You wouldn't think a one pot meal that is quick to make and has just a few simple ingredients would taste so good. The only thing I changed is I added some minced onions and extra cheese. We've had this two times in a week already!"