Beefy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
1 cup: 176 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Soup
"Very easy to make, but a little too simple in taste for me. Maybe add some veggies to it."
"Great taste and real easy to make."