Ground beef and macaroni add heartiness to this soup sent in by Patricia Staudt of Marble Rock, Iowa. It's nicely seasoned...and nicely priced, too, at 37 cents per bowl.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Soup in Quick Cooking December 2000, p51
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review