Ground beef and macaroni add heartiness to this soup sent in by Patricia Staudt of Marble Rock, Iowa. It's nicely seasoned...and nicely priced, too, at 37 cents per bowl.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Soup in Quick Cooking December 2000, p51
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2012
"Very easy to make, but a little too simple in taste for me. Maybe add some veggies to it."
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2009
"Great taste and real easy to make."