Beefy Tomato Rigatoni
Sharing recipes with friends is a favorite pastime of mine, and I get many requests for this mouthwatering main dish.Trudy Williams, Shannonville, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded fully cooked beef rump roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 cups rigatoni or other large tube pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the
- tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the beef, salt and pepper flakes.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.