- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded fully cooked beef rump roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 cups rigatoni or other large tube pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in beef, salt and pepper flakes. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Rigatoni in Country Woman November/December 2001, p35
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Rigatoni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2010
"Outstanding! Great way to use leftover pot roast."