- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet
"Read thru the reviews before making it, so I did add the garlic and Italian Seasoning. Also a few drops of Tabasco sauce. Family loved it!"
"Very good. Just need more spices. Garlic , oregano, basil."
"I'll make again, but with my modifications. As others stated that it need some spicing up, I used 2 fresh serrano peppers with the seeds. I also used another can of diced tomatoes. Was quite good and easy to put together quickly."
"I added some chili powder and cumin to spice it up for my husband, but it's great as is!"
"So easy & yummy. We added hot sauce for a kick.~ Theresa"