- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet
"Read thru the reviews before making it, so I did add the garlic and Italian Seasoning. Also a few drops of Tabasco sauce. Family loved it!"
"Very good. Just need more spices. Garlic , oregano, basil."
"I'll make again, but with my modifications. As others stated that it need some spicing up, I used 2 fresh serrano peppers with the seeds. I also used another can of diced tomatoes. Was quite good and easy to put together quickly."
"I added some chili powder and cumin to spice it up for my husband, but it's great as is!"
"So easy & yummy. We added hot sauce for a kick.~ Theresa"
"Pretty good but needs some spicing up (I added two cloves of garlic, a little hot sauce, and some salt and pepper)... Next time I will add some kind of canned tomatoes... I think maybe just using the can of undiluted tomato soup and a can of tomatoes with their juices would do the trick (without adding the water)... There just wasn't enough tomatoey flavor for me... Overall though, definitely a good dish for those nights when you want something hearty and homey and don't have a lot of time... This would be good with some cheddar cheese sprinkled on top as well..."
"This was a hit with my kids. It was super quick and easy and tasted very fresh. I think I'll add garlic next time."
"I didn't think this recipe was all that great. Next time I'm going to try it with the rotel as another poster suggested."
"Easy and tasty - I added GARLIC though...a staple when I cook! I like the idea of adding rotel - will try that next time."
"Great and easy recipe. One that will become a regular in my household!"