Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet
“I put this together one day with what I had on hand. It's quick on busy nights or in the summer when we're camping.” Ellyn Graebert - Yuma, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and
- pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender;
- Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10
- minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 266 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.