Beefy Tomato Pasta Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- Croutons, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pasta.
- 2. Cook for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with croutons if desired. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef; calculated without croutons) equals 207 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat.
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Pasta Soup
"Very tasty and easy to make. I added a can of northern beans to increase the fiber."
"Easy and tasty!"