Beefy Taco Sauce
This nicely seasoned sauce can be used as a filling for tacos and burritos. Or serve it over baked potatoes.—Linda Goshorn, Bedford, Virginia
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until
- thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.