Beefy Taco Sauce Recipe
This nicely seasoned sauce can be used as a filling for tacos and burritos. Or serve it over baked potatoes.—Linda Goshorn, Bedford, Virginia
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 46 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Taco Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC