This taco dip is actually a combination of several different recipes I received from friends. I just experimented until I came up with my favorite! It's always a hit, no matter where I take it! —Faye Parker, Bedford, Nova Scotia
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12- to 14-in. pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Taco Dip in Country Woman September/October 1995, p31
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Beefy Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review