- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12- to 14-in. pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Beefy Taco Dip
"Made this for an Easter gathering. Everyone loved it! Tasted great!"
"bottom layer too bland, pretty tho, would play around with spicing more. An awful big mess, when you dump on the floor !!!!!"
"good base dip, but I felt that the flavors could have been a little more outstanding. I will make again, and play with the spices next time."
"This is a winner! My husband raved over it. I keep coming back for leftovers. One variation I tried and liked, was to saute diced onion and zucchini with the meat. This kept the mixture a little moister and added a little more vegetable content. We'll be having this often."
"Rather than using tomato sauce, try with salca sauce, sublime! :)"
"We like this recipe! The tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes give it great tomato flavor. The cream cheese mixture offsets the taco spices, onions and peppers. It can be spiced up with hotter peppers, zestier onions and a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes in the meat mixture."
"very tasty but I make a version where I added refried beans as the base, cover it with avocado seasoned, salsa, shredded Mexican cheese and gr onions on top and heat it at 350 for 20 mins. Just prefer it hot! /g Borczyk Field Editor"
"this recipe is awesome! I have made this many times and it is allways a big hit."
"this recipe is so awesome! I have made this many times and it is allways a big hit."
"Delicious! My husband loves it. He called it a taco salad on a chip. So easy to make my four year old mixed the first three ingredients by herself."