- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 15-in. x 13-in. rectangle. Cut into four 7-1/2-in. x 6-1/2-in. rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons potatoes over each rectangle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Top with 3/4 cup beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Beat egg and water; brush some over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Swiss Bundles
Sort By :
This meal is becoming a family favorite in our house. I only wish it could be altered to take less time.
Although it took a little with rolling out the pastry dough to the correct size, it was so worth the effort. I made sure to chop up the mushrooms, onions, and garlic very small. I didn't have any worcestershire sauce, so I used a little soy sauce instead. The mashed potatoes with the swiss cheese was fabulous. Will definitely be making this again!
Very delicious and so worth the time it took to prepare the meal.
A little time consuming, but overall very good. The puff pastry and cheese made it very rich.
This was kind of a pain the rump to make, and the whole time I was hoping they'd be worth it. I'm very glad to say HECK YA they were worth it. WOW! So tasty!
The kids didn't like the potatoes in there, so I'll likely leave those off next time, but all in all, this recipe was delicious and I look forward to making it again!