- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 15x13-in. rectangle. Cut into four 7-1/2x6-1/2-in. rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons potatoes over each rectangle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Top each with 3/4 cup beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
Beat egg and water; brush some over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze unbaked pastries on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, bake pastries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Swiss Bundles
"Husband & I loved it. Great flavor. Skipped the pastry bundle. Served with mozzarella on top, mashed potatoes and crescent roll on side. This sped cooking time significantly. Definitely will make again."
"This meal is becoming a family favorite in our house. I only wish it could be altered to take less time."
"Although it took a little with rolling out the pastry dough to the correct size, it was so worth the effort. I made sure to chop up the mushrooms, onions, and garlic very small. I didn't have any worcestershire sauce, so I used a little soy sauce instead. The mashed potatoes with the swiss cheese was fabulous. Will definitely be making this again!"
"Very delicious and so worth the time it took to prepare the meal."
"A little time consuming, but overall very good. The puff pastry and cheese made it very rich."