Beefy Swiss Bundles Recipe
Kids and adults alike will devour these comforting, yet special, pockets. With creamy mashed potatoes, gooey cheese and flavorful seasonings, what's not to love? Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 15x13-in. rectangle. Cut into four 7-1/2x6-1/2-in. rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons potatoes over each rectangle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Top each with 3/4 cup beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Beat egg and water; brush some over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Freeze option: Freeze unbaked pastries on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, bake pastries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 beef bundle equals 679 calories, 38 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC