Beefy Spinach Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-3/4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- SPINACH LAYER:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup crushed french-fried onions
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until blended. Stir in beef mixture and noodles; set aside.
- 2. For spinach layer, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour, paprika, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and green onions.
- 3. In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Top with spinach mixture and remaining beef mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with french-fried onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 450 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Spinach Noodle Bake
"Made recipe as i except increased the ground beef to 2 lbs as '1 lb' seemed a very minimal amount in comparison to the amount of egg noodles. Turned out great!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.