- beef mixture and noodles; set aside.
- For spinach layer, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour,
- paprika, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually whisk in
- milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in spinach and green onions.
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the beef
- mixture and half of the cheese. Top with spinach mixture and
- remaining beef mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with french-fried
- onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 450 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.