- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix. Add shells and water to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese sauce packet. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Shells and Cheese
Sort By :
"This is a tasty dish that is easy to make. My ground chuck is always precooked and in 1 lb foodsaver packages in the freezer so very quick to get on the table. I used a shells and cheese boxed mix from Aldi's and it works well. The family loves it so that's a plus!"
"Easy to prepare and very tasty. A big hit with my family"
"This was easy to prepare and tasted great!"
"Absolutely delicious! I love the black bean addition and thought the leftovers reheated beautifully."
"This is one of our favorites. I agree with a previous reviewer about skipping the salt. I forgot it once, didn't miss it and haven't added it since."