Beefy Shells and Cheese Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix. Add shells and water to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese sauce packet. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Shells and Cheese(10)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! I love the black bean addition and thought the leftovers reheated beautifully.
This is one of our favorites. I agree with a previous reviewer about skipping the salt. I forgot it once, didn't miss it and haven't added it since.
This was great! The whole family loved it! The only thing I didn't like about it is that it didn't make for very good leftovers. So try not to make too much at one time!
Didn't have the boxed stuff. But I did have elbows and velvetta. One said "Ummmm", one picked out the beans, hubby said he would prefer it without the beans. I also added spices to my families taste. Garlic powder, cumin & nature season. I will make again.
We too liked this recipe. A great twist to the old standby of mac and cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >