Beefy Rice Tomato Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 261 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Beefy Rice Tomato Skillet
"Made the dish. Wonderful. Made it again and this time I added cheese to the top of the dinner. Recipe is a keeper."