For an easy home-style dinner that is truly filling, try this one-dish skillet recipe.—Ellyn Graebert, Yuma, Arizona
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p15
Reviews for Beefy Rice Tomato Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2013
"Made the dish. Wonderful. Made it again and this time I added cheese to the top of the dinner. Recipe is a keeper."