Beefy Rice Squares Recipe
My mother used to make this when I was growing up. Now I serve it to my family. It's one of my favorites because it's fast and easy.—Barb Block, Tigerton, Wisconsin
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups Italian tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine the rice, cheese and remaining tomato sauce. Pour over meat mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 516 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,560 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Rice Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC