Beefy Rice Dinner
In Bay City, Texas, Mildred Sherrer turns a boxed rice mix into a complete meal by adding ground beef, celery and green pepper. "It's so quick to fix and makes a flavorful, filling main dish," she jots.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepared rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the beef, celery and green pepper until the meat is
- browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the rice, salt and
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.