Beefy Rice Dinner Recipe
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepared rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and green pepper until the meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the rice, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Rice Dinner
"I confess to not having made this in a number of years now; but when my kids were little and I was a full-time working mom of 3, I used this one a LOT. ALL of my kids gobbled it up; in fact, most of the time, I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough. I didn't always use the shredded cheese, though. It's good enough without but put it on if you like! Thanks Mildred for this recipe and years of cooking this recipe!!"