Beefy Pasta and Rice
This wonderful recipe has two things going for it—it's good, and it's inexpensive to make. I usually serve it with homemade applesauce and biscuits.—Heidi Butts, Streetsboro, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain.
- In another skillet, brown rice and spaghetti in butter. Stir in the
- beef mixture, broth, peas, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20
- minutes or until the rice and spaghetti are tender. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 393 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.