Beefy Pasta and Rice Recipe
This wonderful recipe has two things going for it—it's good, and it's inexpensive to make. I usually serve it with homemade applesauce and biscuits.—Heidi Butts, Streetsboro, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In another skillet, brown rice and spaghetti in butter. Stir in the beef mixture, broth, peas, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice and spaghetti are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 393 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Pasta and Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC