Beefy Noodle Bake Recipe
Cream-style corn adds a touch of sweetness to the overall spicy flavor of this filling and flavorful ground beef casserole. "Use whatever amount of chili powder suits your family's tastes," suggests Edith Betz of Ethel, Louisiana.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 371 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC