- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the roast beef, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, pepper sauce and onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Beefy Mushroom Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p33
Reviews for Beefy Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2010
This will be a regular lunch item for me and a great cold weather meal for the whole family. Check out the calories!
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2009
Very good, just be careful on the dash of hot sauce. I used beef stew meat instead of roast beef and it turned out well.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >