Beefy Mushroom Meatballs Recipe
- 2 slices bread, torn
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread and milk. Add the egg, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add consomme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the mushrooms, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles if desired. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 227 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Beefy Mushroom Meatballs
"My family loved it."
"I love all kinds of stroganoff and figured this meatball recipe would be a great addition to my collection. The sauce for this recipe had an odd taste I didn't like at all. I won't make this again unless I change to my own creamy standby sauce. I hoped this would be terrific but I was really disappointed."
"I've made this recipe several times. It's kid friendly which is a huge plus. I use fresh mushrooms. I've served with noodles or mashed potatoes. Rice would be good, too."
"Loved this recipe, very, very good. Followed the directions as written, came out perfect. If anyone tries it make sure to use the 2 cans of mushrooms & egg noodles. Thanks for sharing."