Beefy Macaroni Recipe
If you like to brown a few pounds of ground beef at one time to have it ready for all kinds of dishes, you'll enjoy this recipe from Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico. Extra cooked ground beef is the key to her pleasing pasta skillet.
- 1-1/4 cups cooked lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in the cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 441 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Macaroni
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC