Beefy Macaroni Recipe
If you like to brown a few pounds of ground beef at one time to have it ready for all kinds of dishes, you'll enjoy this recipe from Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico. Extra cooked ground beef is the key to her pleasing pasta skillet.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/4 cups cooked lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in the cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 441 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC