Beefy Macaroni Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cooked lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in the cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 441 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Macaroni
"These were very large servings for two. We ate only half of it, so we will have leftovers in a couple days. It was an easy recipe."
"This was a good meal served with Greek salad and garlic bread."