Beefy Kraut and Rice Recipe
From Sioux City, Iowa, Kristi Baker shares this simple supper. "My husband and I are both police officers, and after a long workday, I rely on meals that come together easily," she explains. "This hearty hot dish is easy to make and has a tangy twist that even our kids enjoy."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 envelope beefy mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine the beef, sauerkraut, water, soup, rice and soup mix.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese if desired. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,150 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC